My sisters birth was extremely complicated, I wasn't there but I know the whole story. Nearly nine years ago my sister was born on the 31st of July 1999, I was only six so I don't remember it that well but over the years I have herd little bits which have been adding up into this enormous story that has become of my sister. She was born early morning at home I think, when she came out she was blue in the face, my dad rung 111 and told them what had happened so they sent out a Westpac helicopter that landed on the Stanmore Bay soccer fields. So my dad and Elise were rushed to the helicopter in a ambulance and Lisa to the hospital. Meanwhile my dad was doing the thing on the chest like1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and then she would get air. At this point in time the hospital was in the middle of research for a new thing called the cooling cap, which is placed on the babies head to help releave the presure on the brain. So after they landed on the rooftop of the hospital Elise was rushed to a inqubator. At the same time my dad was put on the spot in being asked if he would like to test the cooling cap on Elise. mHe was told that there was a 30% chance that she would be a close to normal kid and that there was a 70% chanc that she would be a permanatly deformed kid. But there was a higher chance of her becoming deformed kid without the cooling cap. My dad had to make up his mind other wise Elise would have been without air for to long, so my dad said lets do it. So they did and they would not know if it was working for a fear few hours. My sister was without air for a little over 20 mins.
Now 8 turnig 9 she is healthy and happy and also her schooling is great in some things she is above average and at the average mark for pretty much everything else.
She also thought she was really cool when she found out that she was the first in NZ to do the cooling cap and she was second in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment